CivCap is about applying three lessons we have learned from post-conflict recovery:
- Strong national institutions are central to preventing relapse into conflict. National ownership of institution-building priorities is indispensable.
- South-South cooperation has a special role. Countries from the global South often have knowledge and expertise from their own experience of conflict, democratic transition or building capacities for conflict prevention. Sharing this can be of great practical value to countries facing similar challenges.
- Support to institution-building should focus on strengthening and integrating UN assistance in the five key capacity gap areas most often linked to risk of relapse into conflict:
• Inclusive political processes
• Basic safety and security
• Economic revitalization
• Public administration
CAPMATCH is an online platform that matches capacity providers and requesters in these five areas. Click here to visit.